In the period 1900-1901, in the place of a kindergarten in the city park, there was built in Alba Iulia the place that wore the funny name of “Reduta orasas”, then on October 15, 1922, on the occasion of the Coronation, the building was renovated and radically transformed, receiving the name of IL Theater Caragiale. It consisted of a theater room, a restaurant with a summer terrace, and the northern wing had its provisional Falanga Legion of Siege, the Library of the Circle
Franco-Romanian and Astra Cultural Society. Over time the Caragiale Hall was rented by the famous names of the Romanian stage. In 1940 the documents in the archive reveal that the hall was rented from the City Hall of Alba Iulia even by the great actor Constantin Tanase, the one who was at the time conducting the “Cărăbuş” theater in Bucharest. The actors in Bucharest played the two Curaj Tanase and Radio Tanase shows on the stage in Alba Iulia.