The current Student Culture House, hosted by the generous intersection of the Foundation, this junction of the most widely circulated streets of Iaşi and the true entrance gate of Copou’s hilltop, is today on the site of a small palace known before 1960 under the name of Beldiman Palace. The palace was built in 1807 after the plans of the young engineer Gheorghe Asachi. After building, the building will have many owners and various destinations. 1867 – “Hotel d’Angleterre”, 1885 – “Maison Jockey Club – Restaurant of Paris”, on the ground floor is hosted “Tuffli Confectionery” held by the Swiss confectioner Richard Tuffli, and later, between the two world wars, held by Constantin Vladescu, and he, the “Provider of the Royal House”.
The building also houses a casino and the Corso restaurant. Since 1945 the Russian influence has felt its presence and we find on the ground floor of the Beldiman Palace the book “Rusă Carte”, and on the floor the headquarters of the “Romanian Association for the Links with the Soviet Union”. In 1859, the systematization of the area brings the end of this imposing establishment, the building is demolished and, in its place, approximately a part of the Voivodes Park and the Student House of Culture in Iasi appear.